Electrician suffers flash burns at construction site

GREENVILLE – A 36-year-old man was airlifted Tuesday morning after suffering flash burns to both arms at a construction site in Greenville.

According to Captain Jeff Dohme of the Greenville Fire Department, the electrical contractor was making a connection to the main power line at the newly constructed Village Green HealthCare facility at Russ Road and State Route 121. The electrical shock blew the man several feet. Dohme said it was a simple accident and the man had reportedly done this type of work since he was a child.

CareFlight was called to transport the man to Miami Valley Hospital. His condition is unknown, but was conscious and alert.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email